He came! But who?

Okay, here is my Easter dilemma. Jesus Christ vs the Easter Bunny. I don't want me or my kids to be so focused on the candy and gifts that we put the Savior and the Atonement on the back burner. We spent a lot of time talking about Jesus and how He died and that on Easter morning He was resurrected and His body and spirit came back together and that because Jesus was resurrected we can live with Heavenly Father again. And in the very next breath I am telling M about a mysterious bunny who hides eggs and leaves a basket of goodies. WHAT? This is ludicrous. Don't worry. I will continue to allow mythical creatures in the house because I love the innocence of youth and the absolute joy in M's eyes when they visit, but it just seems to distract from the Savior's supernal gift.

Alas the magical bunny delivered and in M's prayer later that day she said, "Thank thee for Easter. Thank thee for Easter eggs. Thank thee for the Easter bunny". Well. At least she was thankful.


Comments

  1. This is the same reason that Dave's family celebrated Easter on Saturday, leaving Sunday for the Lord's Day. Also, the Easter Bunny DID NOT exist for them from the start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment