Day 10 of my captivity

10 horrific days. 10 days of snot, boogers, throw up, spit up, slobber, and tears. And all of it on me. I have become the human burp cloth. Everyone's clothes get changed 3 to 4 times a day. M and J have RSV. I have been a prisoner here. I am not taking them out in the community. Not because of them or me, but because I don't want to subject any other parent to this disgusting display of yuck. The cherry on top of all this joy and gladness is that Steve has been violently ill as well so I go between all the sickies with pink "hanitizer" (hand sanitizer) praying that I don't succumb to their nastiness. The silver lining is that J had his well child visit today and I learned he is no longer contagious and that the worst is behind us. Oh and that he is in the 90% for height and weight. He is 16.9 pounds at 4 months. M was 2 pounds heavier when she was a year old. Huh. This boy is going to tower over me when he is 10 years old. And if he is bigger does that mean when he is sick there will be more snot and vomit? I hope not.

Comments