Utah gymanstics

We came across a pass to attend a U of U gymnastics meet for free and you better believe I jumped at the chance to go. I am fascinated by gymnasts. The things they are able to do astound me. Steve, bless his heart, was less enthused about going because it is not a manly sport like basketball or football. I persevered. We had a great time. I love the atmosphere. Very family friendly. Everyone cheers for the other team which happened to be Arizona State. They lost, of course because they were facing the U, but what a fabulous effort. The U is incredible.

How were the kids? Oh, perfect as always. M was thrilled to be seeing "slapsticks" and she watched the whole thing in her seat munching on candy Grammy had prepared for her. J sat in his baby carrier on my chest for the entire two hours watching enthralled. His eyes never left the gymnastic floor. I don't know how to explain their ability to sit for hours in one spot with nary a word of complaint. I also don't think I should analyze the situation or get too comfortable. I am glad that for the time being they are content.





Comments