Merry Christmas!

What a whirlwind December. We hope your holiday season was simply lovely. I thought we would share a few moments from the past 3 weeks.

Steve, J, and I had the opportunity to play Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in Primary at church. We got to walk in and stand by the star at the front of the room while the kids sang Silent Night. What a precious moment for me to reflect on the birth of my Savior as I held my son. What joy must have filled Mary's heart when Jesus was born. A perfect, innocent child to love and guide. As I looked at J and thought about M, I felt profound gratitude for their birth moms. Without them, I am not a mother. They have blessed me with two beautiful, innocent, perfect children to love and guide. There is no material gift on earth that could hold a candle to my children and their birth moms.


We took some pictures while we were dressed in our Sunday best.






Little J is equipped with a set of powerful lungs and he is not afraid to use them. Nighttime is especially fun. I told my Mom and she surprised J with a shirt that said All Mommy Wants for Christmas is a Silent Night. Still waiting...




One night we had dinner with my family and M helped make the lemonade. Steve does not appreciate this kind of help so please don't tell him about the slurping and slobbering.




M got to help Grandma put up her tree with lots of help from Daddy, aunts, and uncle.




We went to Temple Square with Steve's parents and saw the lights and the Salt Lake Temple.







On Christmas Eve M played in the "cave" with her aunt and uncle. Her loving uncle sent her out on "missions" which included licking Mommy and tickling her aunt's toes. There was also a tug of war with M playing the part of the rope.


J was a perfect angel and slept through the whole thing.


At Grammy and Grampy's house M and J read stories.



And ate chocolate cookies.



We set out cookies and milk for Santa.



And he came!


On Christmas M and J were spoiled to pieces. M was a great big sister because she left her new toys to help J play with his new car. M loves her new stuffed bunny. She wanted to sleep with it, but we left it at Grammy and Grampy's house. She cried when she realized we had forgotten it.







My favorite Christmas tradition is Aunt Hildegarde gifts with my family. I had an eccentric aunt who sent the most unusual gifts and when she died we decided to keep the tradition alive. The winners this year were the turby twist and LED nail clipper, the flashing Steelers hat, and boxing gloves.




Christmas 2010 was peaceful. Thank you. I am so grateful.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good one! And by the way, you are not alone; we are still FAR, FAR away from a silent night. I don't think it's ever going to happen for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love J's onesie! You guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment