Pumpkin Tattoo


M received 4 small tattoos when she went trick or treating and I thought it would be a fun afternoon activity to put them on her arm and admire them. So we got all ready. She picked out the pumpkin to start and I got the wet washcloth. The instructions were to lightly hold the tattoo to the arm and apply moisture for 30 seconds. That is precisely what I did. You can imagine my surprise when M started to cry and said it hurt.

Me: What hurts?
M: My shot.
Me: I am not giving you a shot.
M: It hurts!
Me: It's water!
M: What?
Me: It's water.
M: It's not hurting anymore?
Me: No. It's not hurting anymore. It's water.

She refused to put on anymore tattoos after that, but she is mighty proud of that pumpkin. Note to self-M does not care for cold water applied to her arm.

But speaking of shots, M went to get her flu shot the other day and she was sooooooo brave. Steve took her and there were no tears. Daddy and the nurse were very impressed with her. By the time she got home she was limping and calling for Mommy. Her limp was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. And when she asked me if her leg was broken my heart melted all over the floor. Today she got another shot and when she came home she told me this story.

"I got a flu shot so I hold Daddy's hand and eeeehhhhhhh (the groan she makes when something hurts) and then 'I no want a flu shot' so I got a flu shot."

In other news, we had an impromptu photo shoot in the living room today.






I have the most beautiful kids in the world.

Comments

  1. They are awful cute, but I don't know if I believe that M talks, I have got to hear it for myself (one of these days).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate got her flu shot last week and, for the record, was the loudest (most unbrave) child in that office...although she would tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment