Halloween

I LOVE Halloween. There are few things better than dressing up and getting free candy. All the joy and excitement of little kids running from door to door just warms my heart. I get excited when the doorbell rings and I can see what everyone is wearing and I love how M wants to help pass out candy. We had about 250 trick or treaters. This year M was a pilgrim. (Or crim crim as she called it.) The white part of her costume was the same costume my mom made me at M's age. Steve's mom sewed the black dress in an afternoon since I need a refresher course in pattern reading and was busy with other endeavors. Thanks for your help! About a week before the big night M told me she didn't want to be a pilgrim anymore. She wanted to be a princess. Tough luck sister! Maybe next year! She was the cutest pilgrim on the North American continent. M and I went trick or treating together even though it was raining and really, really cold. We had a great time and she loved eating the candy when we got home. (I firmly believe children should be able to eat as much candy as they want on Halloween night. Steve thinks I am nuts.) Oh Halloween! I look forward to next year when J can join in on the fun!




Comments