Small Town, USA

I needed a break from all the hustle and bustle so M and I took a day trip to visit my good bud. She and I went to high school together and then spent a glorious year as roommates at Snow before she married a small town boy with big plans and I continued my education at the University of Utah. She is now the proud mother of 4 beautiful children who has taken her husband's community by storm. I can't say enough good about her! It was time to rub shoulders with her again for a great day of canning tomatoes and herding cows. We put up 14 quarts of tomatoes and I got to enthusiastically wave my arms when the cows came down the street to discourage them from entering a driveway. Loved it! We went for a jeep ride in the waning hours of the afternoon after our duties were done. My friend whipped up some pretty impressive spaghetti with the tomatoes from the garden and the elk her husband shot. The cheesy bread sticks were fabulous! Oh how my heart sings! While I am grateful to live in suburbia, I am pretty sure I belong in Small Town, USA.


The girls watched home videos while we flexed our canning muscles.

Waiting for the cows.

The cows.

The jeep ride was chilly, but so fun.


Thanks for the distraction!

Comments