Slapsticks

General Conference weekend is one I always look forward to. I love listening to the messages. I always come away feeling like I can make improvements, but I also feel uplifted not scolded. Steve and I are able to watch it at home which is a miracle to me since I grew up watching Conference at church. It is far more relaxing now. Several days before, we started to prepare M by talking about it excitedly and saying we would hear from President Monson. She could barely contain herself on Saturday and she was so good through all 6 hours she watched. True, she was running around the room like a crazy person for a good chunk of that time, but she was cheerful.

For Priesthood session Steve's parents came down and while Steve and his dad were spiritually uplifted, my mother-in-law and I went shopping. She got an adorable outfit for $3.20 (originally $32) and some cute wall stickers for M's bedroom and as soon as I get them on the wall I will post a pic. We also picked up some tasty Chinese food for dinner. This was M's first encounter with "slapsticks" (chopsticks). Grammy did not separate them which made it easier for M to hold onto chicken. She was thrilled with her new skill. Yeah for Conference and yeah for slapsticks!

Comments