Happy Birthday to me

My birthday was on Friday. Not one of my better ones. I have been given the opportunity to pick up additional shifts at work which led us to the decision to start M in preschool one day a week. Her first day was Friday and while she was dancing through the house laughing and talking about her teacher, I was chewing holes in my cheek trying not to cry in front of her. She was sooooooooo excited. Until we got there. Then she grabbed my hand in a vise grip and wouldn't let go. I left and cried most of the day. I made up errands to run so I wouldn't have to go home without her. Steve came home early to take me on a birthday lunch and when he suggested picking up M an hour early to eat with us, I jumped at the chance. When we got there she was happy to see us which did my heart worlds of good. She jabbered on about her teacher, her friends, and the autumn tree she made. She is already talking about going again. I hope I will be more put together this Friday.

First day of preschool and so excited she can't sit still.

First craft. (I am a sentimental mess!)

In other news, my in laws presented me with blender/food processor and I am so glad because I might have accidentally destroyed my other one. You do not realize the value of a blender until you do not have one. Thanks for the blender! I am already tasting the cantaloupe water and Brazilian lemonade. So is Steve.

When I came home from work yesterday, M came flying around the corner and said something about a Happy Birthday balloon and a surprise. Steve had her get the balloon and put it next to the fridge. When I opened the freezer door I just stared. It was packed to the gills with meat. All kinds. I just gaped. Apparently, for my birthday my mom restocked my freezer with meat since we lost all of it in a tragic defrosting incident a few months ago. (See the July 22nd entry) Steve explained there was more meat at a friend's house. Why was it at my friends? Imagine my Mom's surprise when she came to restock my freezer only to learn we had sold it to help with adoption costs. Thanks Mom for such a thoughtful and tasty gift. The oven BBQ spareribs tonight were a real treat. Love you!

Comments