Soapy toothbrushes

M had a friend over for an hour today. While they played I continued to bottle grape juice. (30 quarts!) There is a phenomenon that every parent recognizes as trouble. I'm talking about silence. Silence means something horrific/messy/gross/you name it is happening in the other room. Somehow all kids know whatever they are doing is not parent approved and they suddenly stop jabbering.

Here is the thing...M and her friend apparently never read the manual on becoming silent thus alerting a parent to come running. I listened to their laughter and smiled to myself never guessing what was around the corner. After about 15 minutes I decided to check on them. (My question: What are you doing! Their response: Nofin'.) There was no point in getting upset so I laughed and grabbed the camera.

They had found old toothbrushes and were squirting soap on them and washing the vanity, floor, and each other. They had also unrolled the toilet paper and that was mixed in to the slimy, gooey albeit clean, mess.





After I took pictures I told them to give me the toothbrushes and I ended the fun. After I threw them away I came back to clean up the mess. This is what I found...


That's right--a clean bathroom! They cleaned it up together and moved on to jumping on M's bed while screaming with laughter. I smiled and went back to my grape juice.

Comments