My perfect afternoon


I decided to earn mother and wife of the year award in one day by having M help me make brownies for Steve. She loves to help and Steve loves chocolate. It's a wonderful match! The brownies were impressive. We made them from scratch and we also made homemade mint icing. I'm telling you, it was a masterpiece, but that is not why I am writing.

Celtic Woman was playing in the background, chocolate was flinging everywhere, M sneezed in the icing. (Don't tell Steve. It would really gross him out.) This is my idea of a perfect afternoon with my baby girl. In the thick of things I look over at M and she is staring into space with a contemplative expression on her face. Then she looks over at me and says, "I'm pretty happy, Mom". I smiled and kissed her forehead and said, "I'm glad, Baby". And then I turned so she couldn't see my eyes fill with tears of gratitude. I am so blessed.

Comments