Random moments


It's been awhile since I have written about the sweet things M says on a daily basis. I continue to be amazed at her comprehension and innocence.

I was showing her the blog and she saw the entry from St George and got really excited. She was able to identify and give details about everything we did when she saw the pictures. When she saw the picture at the Temple she said,
M: Does Jesus live there?
Me: Yes.
M: Does He have an owie on His hands, tummy, and toes?
Me: (Stunned) Yes.
When we went through the visitors center she saw this painting by Carl Heinrich Bloch with the wound in His side.

The Burial of Christ

She also saw the Christus which shows His pierced hands and feet.

We told her about Jesus and how much He loves us and we did talk about the owies, but it was not the focus of the conversation. Apparently, it really got her attention.

In my family we have highly sensitive sniffers. It is a gift I share with my 5 siblings. Just to give you a glimpse into what this gift might look like, once my Mom found a watch in her car and did not know who it belonged to. One whiff and we were able to rejoin the watch with its owner. Back to M...she was helping me the laundry. She sits on the dryer while I hand her clothes to throw in the washer. She was smelling all the clothes as they went in which was gross because they were dirty, but that is how the olfactory senses are honed. So she is giving everything a quick smell until she got to a particular shirt. She spent a little longer, but then correctly identified it as my sister's shirt. I think she may have the gift.

Later that same day I was unpacking a bag Steve's mom had sent home with us. Inside was a child's backpack. M saw it, smelled it and said, "For M? From Grammy?"

One adorable thing she is doing lately is sitting on my lap when we say bedtime prayers. This is why I love it...she nods in agreement with things that are said. The best part is she only nods when she agrees with you and I have tested this by saying things in the prayer I know she is not thankful for and she doesn't move a muscle. For the record, she is not a fan of milk in a big girl cup.

Also of note, she is fascinated with Adams apples. It started when she noticed Steve's moving up and down. She karate chopped his throat when he least expected it when she was trying to stop it from moving. I burst out laughing. Since then I have been karate chopped as she looks for my Adams apple. It hurts, but I can't stop laughing.

Comments