Lady Luck came calling

My little brother has moved far from home to accept a job in the wilds of Las Vegas. My whole family helped move him in. Well, actually Steve and I were unfashionably late so all we did is drive his car down. My heart is sad to think that we did not help move him in 105 degree heat. *sigh*

We took a few days and saw some sights. First there was the apartment that I forgot to take pictures of, but is very stylish. It comes with a pool and weight room that he will put to good use.

We saw the famous Pete Rose, though I hear
he is not famous for baseball.

The Bellagio was a sight to behold with its hot air balloons, carnation lady bugs, bronze ants, and rose snails. We also saw the largest collection of sculpted Russian olive trees that is open to the public. Please curb your enthusiasm. In all honesty, we were fascinated by the display. It was so colorful. We felt like we were in Honey I Shrunk the Kids.







The water fountain show at the Bellagio is always my favorite.

It is not M's favorite.

We found these awesome people at Caesar's Palace. Folks were standing around waiting for a picture and you better believe we were right there with them.


The highlight was when my brother asked for a picture of just him and Cleopatra. The two men looked guardedly at one another and slowly moved to the side. Cracked us all up!


All the walking on the Strip in the hot sun took a toll on M.

We went to the Hoover Dam and took a tour that allowed us to see some of the inner workings. Fascinating stuff. An engineering marvel. We went 500 feet below ground and saw the turbines and generators. M got to push the buttons on the elevator under the direction of a government employee. We learned that the Hoover Dam is one of the top 5 terrorist targets in the nation. (This is not something I want to hear when I am in an elevator.) A bridge is being built to divert interstate traffic away from the dam so as to limit the number of potential car bombs. The bridge is also a modern marvel. It is the largest of its kind in the world. I cannot describe to you the sheer magnitude of the bridge. Saying it is massive is an understatement.


These men are working on the bridge.
My Mom and siblings wondered what they could possibly be doing that would make much of a difference.

I only include this sign because it was 500 feet under the ground so very few people see it.
I wonder if this could have been more strategically placed.

Thousand of gallons of water shoot through these pipes every second. The room vibrates.

The turbines that generate electricity.

While we were waiting to take the tour M became a marionette
while her uncle sang The Lonely Goatherd from the Sound of Music. Hilarious!

Steve and I touching the state line.

M also saw the mermaid again and LOVED it! The mermaid played patty cake with her and M became jealous when another girl wanted a turn. She tried to remove the other child's hands from the glass so I guess we should continue to work on sharing.



We had a great time with the fam. Never a dull moment!

Dude, good luck in Vegas!

Comments