"Mom, you a princess"

We don't talk a lot about princesses or fairies in our house. Surprising since we have a girl. Mostly, we talk about what is in our immediate environment as a way to keep her engaged. So things such as semi-trucks, dump trucks, and airplanes are the norm. Sadly, we don't have many princesses or fairies in our vicinity. But for M's birthday her aunt and uncle got her a Belle Barbie and Belle polly pocket. This has been her introduction into the world of princesses. I have spent quite some time changing Belle's clothes, brushing her hair, and talking about how beautiful she is. I am completely out of my element. But the other day, M threw her arms around my neck and looking into my eyes said, "Mom, you a princess". Oh, I could get used to that.

This is my princess.

Comments