The 4th of July

My family came over for the 4th. We had planned on a BBQ, but the wind was too intense so we had a family favorite--pasole! It is the same recipe M's birth mom made for us. I'm telling you it is fabulous. We also made homemade vanilla ice cream. There is nothing as wonderful as pure frozen fatty goodness.




After we cleaned up and watched the last episode of So You Think You Can Dance (We taped it. Holy Cow!! Did you see Alex's hip hop? He totally rivaled tWitch!) we headed to Thanksgiving Point to watch their fireworks. Steve found the perfect spot on the nearby golf course. I LOVE fireworks. My favorites are the shimmery ones and the super loud ones that make your heart thud.

I am not exaggerating when I write that the wind was whipping.

It was also chilly. This made for a perfect opportunity to create a heat tent.

Three of the guys--one of my brothers had to leave early.
Hanging out waiting for the show to start.


It started. Loved it!!

Imagine me on Steve's lap.

M was not impressed. Most of the show was spent with
her fingers in her ears and her face averted.

On a more serious note. I am grateful for those who have gone before me and sacrificed home, life, and family to bring me the blessings I enjoy today. I cannot imagine the struggle the founding families had as they carved out an existence in America-a place where they hoped none would be afraid to live and worship as they saw fit. I hope to thank them personally someday for paving the way for me to live in a beautiful home, have educational opportunities, work in a job I love, marry a great guy and have a sweet little girl, for the right to walk down the street and share opinions and concerns without fear of reprisal, for the right to vote, for freedom to choose. For these amazing blessings and so many more I will be forever grateful.

Comments