The last installment of M's birthday

It has been a month long birthday celebration for our little M and last night signaled the end. We got together with my family to cheer for M and my little sister who just turned 19.

We had a tasty dinner and then M whisked Grandma away for some reading and bubble fun.





M invited her aunt and uncle to play after awhile.


She got a gorgeous outfit she refused to try on last night. I cannot wait to see her in it.

My sister got a gift card for college.

In my family we don't celebrate holidays or birthdays like the rest of America we are much more relaxed about things like a birthday cake or celebrating on the actual day. Last night my sister had to make her own birthday cake (tragic sigh) and when it came time to eat it my brother cut it and was about to serve it up when he came up with the clever idea of singing Happy Birthday. Huh. What a good idea. In the spirit of a true party with my family we got creative when we realized the only candles we had were a '1' and a '6'. We turned that '6' upside down so fast. Brilliance runs in the fam. Happy 19th little sis!

Comments