First haircut and third parade

M got her first haircut yesterday. I was driving and saw a sign at a salon that offered buy one get one free haircuts and I knew both of us had a few split ends to part with. I was super nervous though because M had never had one before and what if they messed up?! Her locks are so luxurious. One snip and they would be gone. Be still my heart! Anyway, the girl that cut our hair was great with M. She took her time and made it fun for her. M went first and handled the whole thing like a pro and when it was Mommy's turn, the girl actually let M "help". She got to wash my hair and combed my hair while it was being cut. I'm sure this was help the girl could have done without, but she was so great to get M involved. This is where the girl went above and beyond...I asked if we could save M's locks from her first haircut to put in her memory box so she made a little pile and then we forgot about it. We left and about 5 minutes later she called to say I had forgotten M's hair and did I want to come back and get it. I thought that was so sweet to call rather than just say "oh well, stinks to be them". Kudos to her!

The shampoo.


Brushing it out.

Cutting it.

"Helping"

How fab do we look?

We were also able to attend a parade yesterday with Steve's parents. I LOVE parades. My favorite are the marching bands. One of the high schools played Eye of a Tiger and Steve actually tried to talk to me while they were playing. Ummmm...no. Let's have some respect for a classic. I will now share a pathetic moment with you. I sat on the edge of the sidewalk by myself until the firetruck came by. M was scared of the siren so she was sitting several feet behind me with Grammy, but I grabbed her and ran toward the street while she said, "No Mommy!" Why would I do that you ask? Because since it was a smaller parade they threw candy. It is VERY pathetic when a 29 and a half year old woman is in the street competing with toddlers for candy. So under the guise of a doting mommy I was able to pocket Now and Laters, Tootsie Rolls, and Laffy Taffy. Seriously though, it was so adorable watching M race the other kids for candy and running back to joyfully show Grammy, Grampy, and Daddy what she had picked up. A huge bonus for me was when she joined me on the sidewalk to watch the rest of the parade. Being a mom is the best thing in the world.

We lucked out with some seats in the shade.

It's all about the candy.


Waving to the horses.

I love being a mom.

And for a random picture post...two thoughts came to mind when I took this picture. 1-What a big girl! Where did my baby go? and 2-Holy Toledo! Do I own enough bats to beat all the boys who are going to come around in a few years?

Comments

  1. The same thing happened to me at Kate's first haircut...we forgot it! Unfortunately for us, the stylist was not nice enough to call us back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment