Snot nose noodle and a Footbal Fix!

We spent the day as a family. We went to church, took naps, made dinner, watched Life on Discovery and marvelled at Heavenly Father's creations. It was a lovely day. We also ate lunch. The window was open, the sun was shining, breeze was blowing. Steve and I did the dishes while M finished her ramen. We were talking, sharing jokes and laughing together when M tried to get our attention. As the amazing doting parents we are we turned to her with radiant smiles and asked what she needed. She replied, "Noodle in nose." No way. Seriously? I finished the dish I was washing and walked over. I didn't see any noodle. I got down and peered into her perfectly shaped nostril. Still nothing. While I was trying to figure out if there was even a noodle up there, she grabs my fingers and starts shoving them up her nose. Apparently, I was not doing the job the way she thought I should. I look over at Steve with my finger up M's nose and started laughing. This irritates M who pushes my hand away and reaches for a napkin. At this point I start to wonder could my perfect child really have shoved a noodle up her nose and if so do I have to go to the Emergency Room and admit that my daughter carefully placed that noodle while I was mere feet away? Gladly, this is the moment M makes a disgusting noise and an inch long, snot covered ramen noodle comes out of her nose. SICK!! SICK!! SICK!!

We have filled our nasty quota for the week.

I was getting ready to close this post, but Steve wants to add his weekend adventures with our perfect and oh so innocent sweetheart.

Yesterday was sweet relief for a football fan. Now that March madness is over there really is nothing appetizing about the sports world. Seriously, baseball? The NBA playoffs? As one Homer Simpson would say, "BORING!" I used to be a Jazz/NBA fan back in the Stockton to Malone/Jordan,Magic,Bird era, but when those legendary workhorses called it quits, the Jazz and the NBA replaced them with a bunch of overpaid pantywaists. That's a rant for another day, though. Back to my relief.

Yesterday the Utah Utes held there annual red vs. white spring game. I took M and picked up Grammy on the way to Rice Eccles stadium for the game. Grammy was a great sport about it and even wore red! Thanks Mom! She's a bit of a BYU fan so I know how hard that must have been for her.

It has been almost four months since the last college football game so I was in need of a football fix. It was a sunny day and the temperature was perfect. There were about 10,000 other football starved fans who showed up to watch the red team win. The only downside came on the second play of the game when the starting QB from last season injured his non-throwing shoulder. Good thing it's only April! Now if I can only hang on for four more months until the season begins! Come on September 2nd!

The picture doesn't do the day justice. She really did have a good time! Notice that only one of us is wearing sunglasses.

Comments