Big girl bed

Even though M is almost 3 she still sleeps in the crib. I don't think it has even dawned on her to try to escape and so I have enjoyed 12 hours of sleep from her for years. It recently occurred to me that since we are in the adoption process and a baby could come at any time it could be mighty traumatic if we take her crib and give it to an intruder aka: baby brother or sister. Well, today was the day she officially became a big girl and switched over to a big girl bed. We talked a lot about M sleeping in a bed while the baby gets the crib. She took it like a champ. In fact, she was giddy with excitement. She tucked herself and all her stuffed animals under the blanket. When Steve put her to bed tonight he said she just grinned. Mommy is a wee bit melancholy. My baby is growing up.


Comments

  1. So darling! But be prepared to hear the little pitter patter of feet scurrying their way through the hallways in the morning coming to wake you up. Times they are a changin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. All my boys were out of the crib way before 2 because I felt it was more of a safety hazard to have them climbing out than to have them in a bed. But, Avery has never thought about the possibility of climbing out.
    I bet you were melancholy. That's a big step. And I hope you find somebody to fill that crib quickly. M will be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment