Beautiful Job Girls!

I come from a very musical and dramatic family which makes family gatherings loud and entertaining. We burst into song for no apparent reason and then race to find harmonies before the other siblings do. Often we will all go for harmonies and no one holds the melody. Sounds a little off when that happens. It should then come as no surprise that I was in the show choir at Snow College. It was the highlight of my experience there. Recently I was able to listen to my little sister sing in that same choral group, although now it goes by a different name. I was riveted and it brought back so many fabulous memories. They sang some real winners. I love the song Jai Ho. Such a triumphant, victorious number! They sang the same rendition of Bridge Over Troubled Water that I sang 10 years ago. I could still sing along. It is a bummer that there are few opportunities to sing at that level once college ends. Church choir is usually the extent for most who do not go into music as a profession.

Steve, M, and I also went to Logan on Sunday to hear my other little sister in the elite institute choir. They sounded beautiful. Such a different experience to go from secular to spiritual music. They did an arrangement of Oh, How Lovely Was the Morning that was so unique because the composer took each lyric and wrote music based on what might have been felt. So interesting. It really brought a whole new element to a familiar history. Their arrangement of Praise to the Man was moving. I left feeling uplifted. Even Steve was impressed. (Side note about Steve: Not a choir supporting fan. My family was kind of a shock to his system the first few years. It is a true manifestation of his love that he even goes to performances. He claims there are too many. Kudos to the husband for toughing it out!)

Beautiful job girls! I loved every minute of both concerts!

Comments

  1. I went to Snow college to take graduation pictures yesterday and saw your little sister in the choir. It took me a while to decide if she was your sister or not, but after I read your post I was convinced.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment