My baby is growing up

On Saturday, M was invited to her first birthday party and I let her go. I have no idea how it went because she is not yet 3 and does not have the vocabulary to tell me, but I think she had a nice time. I, on the other hand, did not. I was totally lost without her. I wandered from room to room checking the clock frequently. I tried to finish a few random projects, but I was there exactly when the party ended to pick her up. Goodness sake! When did I become this smitten with that little girl? She came home with bubbles that Daddy showed her how to use. She is a quick study.




We decided to take M to see the Princess and the Frog at the dollar movie. (Side note-Steve worked at a movie theater all through high school and he has some pretty strong opinions regarding theater etiquette. Let's just say going to a dollar movie with 40,000 children had him in a tizzy.) As far as the movie went, we thought it was a mite dark. Voodoo is spooky stuff and they portrayed it vividly. All M could talk about after it ended was the monster biting the man's finger. Sure, we could have told her it was because the shadow man needed the prince's blood to continue his evil plot, but we will wait until she is older. I loved the ending, though. This next part is probably politically incorrect, but I heard so much hype about this being a turning point for Disney because they had the first black princess. Was I the only one that noticed that she spent most of the time as a green frog?

Comments