It's a panty party!


That's right, folks. M has decided she is finally interested in potty training. We leave her diaper off and she tells us she needs to potty. How fabulous is that? Just to be on the safe side, I remind her about every 10 minutes because I'm not a big fan of 'accidents'. So far we are accident free, but I am a little tired of saying, 'Tell Mommy when you have to pee.' To celebrate her potty success, Grammy bought her a present that only big girls wear...Tinkerbell panties! M was so excited that after she put on a pair, she made sure the kitties were dressed for the occasion as well.



Steve did a lovely job at the Blue and Gold scout banquet this week. He helped set up, did a scout cheer with his scouts, and made cake. The cake did not get eaten because there were lots of entries, but we have enjoyed it. M and I got to go with him and eat hotdogs and celebrate 100 years of scouting in America.

Our most recent tragedy occurred when I let M explore a seldom used dresser drawer. Inside there was a baby powder scented candle that she had been given at a baby shower held for her. She found it and started digging her fingers in it. I let her because I think kids should make messes and explore everything around them without adults always saying no. I checked on her as she rubbed the candle wax on her legs, arms, hair, toes, and every other exposed part of her body. I checked on her once more and saw her rubbing the wax into our less than a year old carpet. That's when I stopped her and that's when I realized the candle was made of grease and not wax. I have been trying to get the grease and baby powder smell out of the carpet for days now. Just when I think the smell is easing up, the stench rises yet again. Getting it off M was also an adventure. Layers and layers of grease. That I let her rub in! I hope she had a wonderful time because we are not making this particular mess again.

We had dinner with most of my family earlier this week. This is always loud and chaotic. I love it! So does M, especially when her aunts and uncles gang up on her and wage a tickle war. She will hold on to the nearest person and say, 'oh no. oh no. oh no.' and then joyfully scream for all she is worth when they finally pounce on her.




Sweet things M has said...

We were talking and I said, 'You are so cute' and she said 'Yeah, I cute'.

We drove past a McDonalds and she said. 'Look Mom, Old McDonald'!

I heard her singing in her room and when I looked in she was reading a kid's book about love and singing 'I love you and you love me we are as different as the sun and the sea. I love you and you love me and that's the way it is supposed to be'.

Comments