I am a Nintendo goddess


The impossible has occurred. We have the Nintendo that was Steve's when he was a kid (it's still going strong!) and I finally mastered Dr Mario all 20 levels on slow speed. I have conquered after a mere 8.5 years!


I love flowers and these are the ones Steve surprised me with for our anniversary. He picked out the colors and watched the florist arrange them. They were lovely. I say "were" because here is the trouble with cats...they ate them and then threw up on the carpet. Sorry, no picture of that exotic mess. Thanks for the thought, sweetheart!

It has been a pretty low key week thus far, but we did have dinner with my friend from grad school and her husband. They are renovating a house from the '50's and it looks fabulous. I especially loved how they did their trim and baseboards. Instead of the normal everyday stuff, they used flat square wood and painted it a gleaming white. I know I am not doing it justice, but it looks great. We had a great time with them. Oh the honesty that flows when two social workers collide! We were cruising home along a country road that night and M started singing, "Life is a highway, I wanna drive it all night long. If you're going my way, I wanna ride it all night long" from the movie Cars. Steve and I burst out laughing. A funny end to a fun night.

Steve's parents live in the house Steve's dad grew up in. Lovely home, lovely ambiance, lovely neighborhood, no dishwasher. I repeat, NO dishwasher. Whenever we have dinner with Steve's parents we get to help hand wash all dishes. Not my favorite task in the world, but the food is worth it. Highly recommend. Anyway, this week after dinner, M and Grammy disappeared. When I went to look for them I discovered I may not need to help with dishes anymore. Hallelujah!


I tried my hand at a fancy hairdo for M. It took an hour and she wore it for three days. It looked amazing and she sat perfectly still while I experimented with her hair. Mulan did a fabulous job holding her attention.



Other random interactions from this week...

Steve was wiping off M's hands after lunch and she said, "Hey, what the heck". Not sure, but she might have been questioning Steve's technique.

I asked M if she needed her bum changed and she said, "Yeah, it stinks".

I was feeding her red bell peppers for lunch and she ran out and asked, "Can you get more pepper, darling"? and when I gave her more she said, "Thank you, babe".

Comments

  1. Love the hair do. So fancy and cute!!! Seriously, the cats ate your flowers? What a bummer. Hope they enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment