I am kind of pathetic

I had a blessed annual exam yesterday and the doctor saw that it had been quite some time since some of my blood work had been updated. She thought it would be a good idea to check it and make sure I am still normal. She thought it would be a good idea, but it wasn't. I HATE needles. In the last few years, I have tried to talk myself out of this ridiculousness, but to no avail. My mom met me at the doctor's office to watch M and it is a good thing because the minute I realized I needed lab work all the blood rushed right out of my head. I don't know where it goes, but the clear thinking, analytical Allyson just disappears. Moral of the story...what should have been over in 2 minutes took 30 minutes of trying to recover on the little bed they keep in the back for babies like me. I did get a cherry sucker for suffering as much as I did, though. I think this is a good time to mention my mom is a nurse and not afraid of needles. She mostly just laughs at me. Honestly, what else can you do? Thanks Mom for being there and watching M and me!

Comments