Happy Anniversary!


8 years, Baby! We have had some crazy adventures, eh? For all you inquiring minds out there we thought we would tell the story of how our love began...

Allyson: I had always wanted to serve a mission for the LDS church. It was one of my life’s goals. So when I was almost 21 I got my papers ready and into the stake president. My mom and I are really close and she could not bear the thought that I would be gone for 18 months so unbeknownst to me she took a picture of me to work and showed her coworkers and asked if they had any available sons. She came home and told me what she had done. I was horrified, as you can imagine. A couple weeks went by and I got some phone calls. Steve was one of them.

Steve: My mom came home and gave me Allyson’s number, but I was skeptical. My mom asked me a couple times if I had called her and after 2 weeks I finally did. We talked for 2 hours. We totally clicked. So I asked her to go to a Utah Starz game. (I had free tickets. Free is good.) She had no idea who they were which was cute. I was pumped for our date.

Allyson: He picks me up for the date and my first thought was that he looked like an old man.

Steve: My first thought was she had a cute behind!

Allyson: Steve! No one wants to hear that! Anyway, the date was horrible. He was totally creepy. He asked me what I wanted to name my kids and when I told him one of the names I liked he said that wouldn’t work. Ummm…seriously creepy for a first date. We went to Chili’s after the game and looking across the table at him I knew that if at the end of the night he asked me out I would tell him no thank you. Right then he asked me out.

Steve: I had no idea any of this was going on. I had a great time. I did not think I was “creepy”. I don’t even think I asked what names she liked.

Allyson: You did, husband. I wouldn’t make something like that up.

Steve: Anyway, I was with a cute girl having a great time so I decided to ask her out again at that moment. She said yes.

Allyson: I couldn’t say no because we were in the middle of the date! It would have made the rest of it extremely awkward. Needless to say I dreaded a second date, but the second date was incredible. I had never laughed so hard in my entire life. Where was that guy on the 1st date?

Steve: He was there, babe. You must have been sleeping.

Allyson: I wasn’t sleeping, I didn't go on a mission, and we have been together ever since.

Comments

  1. Did you sit down and type this together? Super cute! It was very fun reading, and Steve...you're too nice to let her type such cruel things (even if they're true) :) I remember that photo; gosh, you guys have sure aged since then! And by aged...I mean in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment