And the award goes to...

Mongo! Who earned her Most Patient Cat award! (Applause!!) Yes folks, this cat submits quietly to all the humiliation M can dish out. While most cats would lash out or simply run, Mongo knows that pretending she is a baby is not a matter of pride, but of duty. She senses her obligation to entertain the small human and give me a break and the opportunity to laugh at what a tolerant cat we have.



Can one be truly happy in life if they do not live in the country? Steve assures me that it is possible and in fact preferable, but I have spent more of my life in rural areas and tend to disagree. We just got back from Ephraim and it reminded me how much I love small towns. We had planned to attend the Manti temple, but unfortunately I did not feel well enough. This trip was not a waste though. Heavens no! We were able to visit my sister who is attending Snow College and we stayed in our first ever bed and breakfast. So dang cool. I loved it. It was like staying in an antique museum/doll house. Since we were the only ones staying there the owner asked us what time we would like breakfast. What a lovely personal touch! She made some pretty impressive pancakes. Her grandmother's recipe. She takes day old bread, dips it in pancake batter, and fries it like a scone. They come out golden and crispy. I think I will try to stay in B & B's whenever possible from now on.

The B & B in all of its glory.

Our Room

M made sure the bed was in working order.

Hangin' out with my sis.

Grandma watched M last night so we could go out to dinner. (We went to Cafe Rio and got the Mahi Mahi tacos. They were mighty tasty!) When we got back we saw that Grandma was helping M by being her sticker model. I think she looks fabulous. Just watch - blue star stickers are going to be all the rage on the runway this fall.

Comments

  1. Most Patient Cat, maybe. But we all know that every cat has their breaking point...like when Kate comes to visit, for example.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment