Let it snow (or not)

I do not care for snow. There. I said it. Feel free to pelt me with snowballs. Two thumbs down for snow. Here is my reasoning. #1 It's cold. The homeless and those who cannot pay their heating bills suffer. #2 People do not slow down on the roadways which results in an increase in automobile accidents. #3 I am not sure I have a third one, but aren't the first two reasons enough to be anti-snow? I am from Tennessee where schools were closed if there was an inch of snow on the ground. I remember once there was about four inches and in drifts there was about 12 inches and I thought it was a blizzard. I have never been skiing or snowboarding and I think I have been sledding 4 times so maybe I just need to get involved in fun snow activities. Steve, on the other hand, thinks it is magical and glorious. He loves to watch it fall and he loves to drive in it. He is so steady and sure behind the wheel. He likes to shovel the walks. He feels like each snowfall is a new, pure beginning. Between the two of us, he has the better attitude.

Now taking into account all I have written, I decided M and I needed a snow day so after breakfast we bundled up and headed outside. We were out there for an hour. We made snow angels, tried to build a snowman, but instead built snow cones (apparently powder does not make for the best building material), I pushed her in the swing and pulled her around the yard in a sled and then we came inside for lunch. Honestly, we had a great time. Maybe snow isn't so bad after all.


Comments